Welcome to Lyndale Animal Hospital
We offer services in general practice for cats and dogs including preventative health care, internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, and radiology.
Canine Influenza: What Is It and What Can I Do?
Canine influenza is a respiratory disease in dogs. The current outbreak in Minneapolis has been linked to Animal Humane Society, who is offering regular updates on their website.
What to Do:
While canine influenza is contagious between dogs, there are lots of things you can do to help combat the spread and keep your pets healthy:
- Avoid direct dog-to-dog contact outside of your household (this includes daycare, boarding, and dog parks)
- Keep sick animals at home until symptoms resolve
- Washing your hands and surfaces your dog regularly interacts with to prevent the surface spread
Symptoms of canine influenza are coughing, runny eyes or nose, fever, and lethargy, and typically appear suddenly. If you’re ever unsure about symptoms your dog may be presenting, we’re here to help! Our front desk team can help talk through these symptoms and address if your dog should be seen by a veterinarian. Please note that these symptoms can also present in other, more common diagnoses, and one symptom is not always indicative of others. When in doubt, give us a call; we’re here to help!
We are proud to offer the following services to all of our dog and cat patients depending on their individual needs.
- Routine Physical Exams
- Vaccinations based on lifestyle and risk
- Parasite control
- Blood work (in house and send out)
- Fecal examination
- Cytology and histology (in house and send out)
- X-rays (orthopedic and soft tissue)
- Spays and Neuters
- Other soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries
- Routine professional cleaning
- Dental x-rays
- Tooth extractions
We schedule services with board certified surgeons and radiologists for advanced services such as orthopedic surgeries to be performed on site at our hospital for your convenience..